BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This forum is currently closed to new user registrations. You are welcome to browse the forum as a guest and existing users may still login with their existing credential's to post on the forum.

• As of the 01/01/2023 the Bushcraft Oz Forum is now closed and has been placed in Archive mode. New Posts and Post Replies have been disabled but existing content can still be viewed. For more information please see the following post for more infomation. It is our goal to retain the wondeful contributions to the Bushcraft community over the years and a more appropriate way of displaying this is being considered for the future so the information is not lost. A perminent web archive of the forum state as of 30 Jan 2022 has been captured and can be viewed herea>.

Thank you all for a wonderful adventure and for your contributions over the years!

Cold Steel Finn Wolf

old4570

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I'm starting a new post on account I dont want my Finn Wolf associating with that Bushman !

Ok , I started by processing fatwood a few days ago with the Finn Wolf ..
I then stropped the knife a little so as to smooth it out a little slicing paper ..
Then I did the rope slice .
Oh , how did it go . For AUS8 , a rather impressive 400 slice fail .
And the edge stropped back really nicely ..

I have removed the thumb stud from my blade as it gets in the way of sharpening / stropping the blade .. ( To date I have only stropped )
And to restore the edge does not require a lot of stropping .

There is no play in the blade , it locks up tight and is very easy and smooth to open .
Also a very comfortable knife to use .
For it's size it is relatively light weight .
Is it Uber strong - I dont think so - Not Uber strong ! Treat it like a pocket knife and it should serve you well .
I can see the Finn Wolf serving as a 2nd knife to a sheath knife and doing so well ! Especially with it's easy to maintain edge . ( For me so far )
I dare say that the Finn Wolf may deserve a spot in any knife collection .
I held off buying one for a very long time , but finally bit the bullet ! If this knife is the NORM ( normal ) , then here is a knife worth owning !

Last edited: