Changing views on the tick debate

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
After finding some salt and pepper ticks on some tender anatomical parts after the Mambup walk, I went and bought this stuff today from Chemist wharehouse for $20. There are some areas you can’t use it.
I also got some 5% Permethrin cream which is good for the salt and pepper ticks, but not for when they get bigger
That Tick Off looks good until you read the places it shouldn't be used.

The neck is a prime place where I might find a Tick on myself and buttocks is somewhere I would have thought that a spray would be ideal because of the impossibility of reaching that area when by oneself.
I wonder why it shouldn't be used on the chest? When you look at it, arms, legs and back are the only places they recommend it to be used on. :(

Medi Freeze Tick Off is NOT to be used for ticks in the following areas: Around the eyes, face, chest, neck, breasts or buttocks.

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I can see no reason why it shouldn’t be used on the chest. I suspect what they want to prevent is somebody using it on a nipple, which could, in theory lead to loss of tissue, but they do also mention breast, so that wouldn’t necessarily explain it. Buttocks again have a good blood supply and I can see no reason unless you have some circulatory issue why you couldn’t use it.

I have used it today on neck, chest and buttocks and I still live...

I've emailed Pharmacare and will let you know what they say.

Last edited:

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Got a reply from the company...

Thank you for your recent email regarding the Medi Freeze Tick off.

We only make reference to areas where safety and efficacy trials have been conducted.

In the areas that you are referencing, safety trials have not been conducted, as the skin in these areas is different to other areas of the body, thus do not put recommendations on the box/labelling.

I hope this clarifies for you,

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Found a little pal this morning so resisted the temptation to pull it off until I got home.
Used the spray(probably more than needed, but I don’t follow instructions) then with fine tweezers lifted out, still some of the mouth parts broke off, but they came out with relative ease and can’t see any bits. I’ll let you know if it is less itchy than normal.26661B871EEFA-A865-4CBC-B7E7-72E7C982344E.jpeg2666226663

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I had one on my skull. We tried vaseline thinking that would suffocate the tick. Waited 10 minutes, then my partner attacked it with tweezers. Hooley dooley, the skin was lifting from my skull getting that little fucker off. Gail left it on a piece of paper because I wanted to look at it with a magnifying glass to see if it was all there. 10 minutes later it started walking! Geez they're tough. I don't think the whole tick removal thing is such a drama here in Tassie - we don't have paralysis ticks as far as I know. And the hoohah in the states is because you can get lyme disease; I don't think our ticks spread lyme disease.

Last edited:

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Clearly not something you would want to spray on your nipples as advised on the directions.
Think I might stick to my tweezers and antiseptic.
Thanks for trying it though good to know how some of these things work.
You shouldn't give people ideas :ROFLMAO: