BushcraftOz For Your Mobile

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

The BushcraftOz forum is now available for mobile device users via the TapaTalk app.

I had previously responded to some people's requests, on the forum and in person for the forum to support TapaTalk earlier. The reason I hadn't set it up earlier was that I was in the process of developing our own BushcraftOz app for android and iPhone through the vBulliten mobile suite which would give us our own free app with our forum style and features. I thought this would be a better solution. However I have recently discovered during testing that it's doesn't work properly for android. Constant crashes and errors are common. On contacting vBulletin and researching this problem the response I get is that they are "aware of the issue and working on it but have no time frame when it will be fixed".

I'm not about to roll out a feature which doesn't work and with no solid time frame on when it will be working. I know how much people rely on mobile devices to access forums and webpages now so I have decided to go ahead and get BushcraftOz up and running with TapaTalk. Hopefully this will provide a good amount of streamlined mobile support. The plan is still to have our own BushcraftOz app but I hope this will do an admirable job in the interim.

Because I needed to go though TapaTalk I cannot offer the mobile app for free like I was hoping. So it does cost to purchase the app for your device.

$2.99 for iPhone & Android
$5.99 for iPad HD app (or you can run the iPhone version for $2.99)

Download TapaTalk now from the app store or android market place and do a search for "BushcraftOz" or "Bushcraft" and you can start browsing or posting on your mobile device now.

Last edited:

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Hey mate, I just upgraded to tapatalk 4 and it said the API was outdated and to contact the site admin so they can update it... it is working now so i'm not too sure if it's a big issue? If you are going to update it it would probably pay to make sure it is backwards compatible ;)

Medic Ben

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Hey,

I am also having problems with the tapatalk app. It keeps coming up with errors when I try to log in. I have googled the error code and it apparently has something to do with updating the Tapatalk API. It will let me view the site, just not post or sign in.

Cheers,
Ben

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
But weren't you already on Tapatalk Blake? I've looked at BOz on Tapatalk before as well as a couple of other bushcraft forums. I didn't like it as much because it wasn't as easy to browse through the discussions although I didn't really use it enough to get used to it properly.

Ol Grumpy

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I'm on Tapatalk and I don't recall ever paying a separate subscription.
Fwiw, I've found Tapatalk is generally reliable, but it does have a hissy fit, from time to time.

Also it sometimes requires you to log in again, but mostly it's a pretty seamless, although not as content rich as a browser. It does what I want. If I want to say look in the store, I use the Browser, Safari or Chrome.

Mainly I use it because it's so quick and easy. Pop- in, check what I'm interested in and move right along....

Medic Ben

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
For some reason it is now working for me. Maybe I was doing something wrong yesterday. Who knows. :)

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Its with the newer version of tapatalk, and it only reminds you every X times you log in to this forum. I get the msg roughly once a fortnight. The problem Blake will have is ensuring if he puts the new api on that it is backwards compatible with the older clients.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I will have a look into this when I get a chance and make sure it will work with older clients like AP mentioned.