Bushcraft Knives

Flyfish1

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi there, I’m new around here. I am very excited about finding an Australian bushcraft forum. I don’t know why I didn’t find it before. Having seen so many British & American content it is so good to have some relevant info & find other like-minded people. I was wondering if I might impose upon you all to see what bushcraft knives you use & find best in the bush. This is a picture of my most used knife; it is a Bark River Tusk, 3 inch wharncliffe blade in A2 steel. I look forward to hearing from you 😁26562

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Hi there, I’m new around here. I am very excited about finding an Australian bushcraft forum. I don’t know why I didn’t find it before. Having seen so many British & American content it is so good to have some relevant info & find other like-minded people. I was wondering if I might impose upon you all to see what bushcraft knives you use & find best in the bush. This is a picture of my most used knife; it is a Bark River Tusk, 3 inch wharncliffe blade in A2 steel. I look forward to hearing from you 😁
Good day Flyfish, & welcome to this forum.
Here are the blades I carry, but I guess I am not your average bushcrafter, I am a woodsman & an 18th century living historian.
Keith.

Flyfish1

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Good day Flyfish, & welcome to this forum.
Here are the blades I carry, but I guess I am not your average bushcrafter, I am a woodsman & an 18th century living historian.
View attachment 26563
Keith.
Hi Keith, that is a lovely set up. I have a Green River hunting knife & a Scagel hunting knife, I really like historical blades.

Cheers
Ken

T.C.

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Welcome mate. At the moment, depending on the area, I am using either a mora garberg or a spyderco waterway.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome abaord.
The most common knives I carry are a fixed blade Bahco (re-badged Mora Clipper) and a folding Imperial Whittler.
I like the Bahco because it is very light to carry so it lives in my day pack.

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I've used my Bahco 2444 ( Mora Clipper ) every day at work for about 3 years . It's a work knife and I've used it as a scraper , chisel , pry tool and used a hammer as a baton to cut through wire. $20 from the local tool shop , great knife . I even use it to cut up an apple at smoko .

Flyfish1

Russell Coight
Reaction score
I've used my Bahco 2444 ( Mora Clipper ) every day at work for about 3 years . It's a work knife and I've used it as a scraper , chisel , pry tool and used a hammer as a baton to cut through wire. $20 from the local tool shop , great knife . I even use it to cut up an apple at smoko .

View attachment 26565

View attachment 26566
Mora makes a great knife. That one looks like it has many stories to tell

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
For me the humble Swiss Army knife camper version is so handy for camping/bushcraft. Supplemented by a cheap 5 inch Bowie style sheath knife for those heavier tasks which the SAK is not suitable.

Both complement each other very well and are always with me when out in the bush.

pap11y

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm with chigger. I have a SAK and its main blade locks and its just so useful..

I'll always love Mora knives the Mora eldris is an awesome neck knife..

I must have owned between 50-100 bushcraft blades including an original Ray mears woodlore.

I sell woodlores that I make but when new people ask me what I recommend I suggest mora first and then get something nice if you want to later and the mora will always be there.

I'd be pretty set with a mora robust and a sak..

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I'd have to say my SAK is what I would call my main blade . I carry to in a pouch on my belt . To be honest , I don't use larger blades for much unless I'm just having a bit of fun with them .