Brisbane meet 8 or 9 June

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

You may of noticed I have not been on much lately, I have been under the pump at work. Ridiculously so.

I have just learnt I will be working out of Brisbane in June.

I will be up there over the weekend of the 8 and 9th of June and would be keen for a night out (or two) in the bush to clear the head and put some faces to some names.

Anyone up for it? I will rely on you lot to set the location. Off the beaton track would be good....

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Ok good to hear a date, now the fun begins lets get a location organised.
Any suggestions

hillbilly

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I'm keen and dates should be ok. Small request: Happy to drive a few hours from Bundy Keen to meet a few faces.

Aussie Forager CQ

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Id be keen to try and make it, I will look into the dates. Me being from Rocky the further north would suit me :) around the Brooyar area sounds cool I'll bring some gear and we can go for a climb too :) I'd be keen for anywhere nice though.

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Sounds good - i'm up for a climb or controlled fall, I have always wanted to stay at amamoor though...

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Might be able to do Sat arvo/night trip but will have to peel off by lunch time Sun.....if I can get away. I'll do my best. The closer to Brissy the better for me but happy to see what comes up.

Mickldo

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but is this the Queen's Birthday weekend?

If it is I normally go down to Brissy for the day to check out the caravaning and camping expo at the Ekka. I have already planned to go down there with a couple of mates. I would be up to a meet for the rest of the weekend though. Any of the suggested spots sound good to me. I've camped at all of them at one stage or another. If it is a different weekend to the QB then I should be good for the whole weekend.

kreepinkarl

Russell Coight
Reaction score
I happen to know the property owner next to/surrounding Glastonbury Creek Campground is willing to allow people to camp on his property, with a quick chat Im sure a whole area could be designated to check out and utilise for maximum bushcraft type activities without any legal/national park worries. Just saying some private land around Glastonbury national park campground and bordering Brooyar could be organised as well if you guys happen to decide on Brooyar. Im in for a climb too. Theres a few small cliffs across the creek from the campground (on earlier said private property) which have been developed lately if the Brooyar cliffs arent enough.

Mickldo

Ray Mears
Reaction score
I happen to know the property owner next to/surrounding Glastonbury Creek Campground is willing to allow people to camp on his property, with a quick chat Im sure a whole area could be designated to check out and utilise for maximum bushcraft type activities without any legal/national park worries. Just saying some private land around Glastonbury national park campground and bordering Brooyar could be organised as well if you guys happen to decide on Brooyar. Im in for a climb too. Theres a few small cliffs across the creek from the campground (on earlier said private property) which have been developed lately if the Brooyar cliffs arent enough.
There is another bit of forestry over near the Palms that I explored one day many years ago searching for new places to climb. I found a couple of cliffs and had a bit of a climb and then continued exploring, I eventually came out at that property opposite Glastonbury Creek Camping area. I didn't know I had stumbled on to private property by mistake, so as I had to drive past the house to get out I stopped at the house. Nobody was home but I have always felt guilty about trespassing by mistake there. Anyway I can vouch for the cliffs there as well as at Point Pure and at Eagle's Nest Lookout.

kreepinkarl

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Just be careful around there, the owner of the cliff line property lives quite away over by the causeway, theres a house with a whole bunch of junk out the front which we happen to call the ferals, possibly the house you stopped by. Rough end of town out that way sometimes. If you run into a big fella named Whoppa though, hes a nice bloke.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Hows it looking for a get together. I may need a ride from the Geebung area if anyone can help...

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
I have the 8th and 9th off so I'm good, just need to confirm the location.

Aussie Forager CQ

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
There is a good chance I can pop in to say hello on maybe Sunday the 9th. I won't be able to make the whole weekend but I hopefully can say g'day at some stage......