Brandit copy of German rucksack

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I recently purchased the Brandit copy of the German rucksack . I probably made the purchase out of curiosity as there was no reviews of it. The pack was bought from militry1st in the UK for $46 AUD including postage. Now I know it's not as well made as the original army surplus . After having a good look at the stitching and finish I am happy with the quality of the pack. I've done a couple of short 2 hour walks loaded with 6 kilo and found the pack OK . I like the large opening as I can just dump my large camera bag and know my camera gear is protected. I have a polish bread bag with all the usual stuff ( Cook kit, first aid etc ) and just dump it in the pack ,water bottles in the side pocket plus what ever else I need. anyway we all know how to pack a pack , so here's a couple of pics. I hope I don't stuff up down loading the pics. Cheers .

IMG_5702.jpg
IMG_5703.jpg
IMG_5704.jpg

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Just a bit of an update on the Brandit pack. Went for a couple of long walks into some fishing spots I know. As I live up here in tropical Townsville I was thinking how the pack would sweat on my back. I was pleasantly surprised with only slight dampness and the humidity has been high. Being cotton canvas might be the key . Starting to like this pack . I still reckon I'll get the original pack from Veerastellka ( Can't be bothered looking for the correct spelling , ha ), Cheers.