Boots in Melbourne

80seriesrig

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi guys and gal's, am heading down to Melbourne from Cairns next week and want to check out some hiking/hunting boots but don't know where to go. Oh and I will only have an hour and a bit so I need to be organised. The wedding I am going to is in the Yarra Valley (something like that), not sure if there is anything out that way. Otherwise something near the airport or along the most probable route to the valley as the brother in law is driving.

Cheers in advance.

Not sure on brands but am thinking along the lines of Danner, Miendle (not sure on spelling) or something like that.

Don't mind the traditional full leather look but have also seen a good composite boot with a bit of both. Doesn't have to be camo, prob prefer "normal" looking boot.

Hunt in the tropics so looking for cool, dry quick (or "waterproof") with ankle support that will be good for a loaded pack walking off the beaten track.

Joe

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
In the city try little bourke st between elizibeth and queen st. That's where most of the outdoor shops are.

80seriesrig

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Is moroko30 in Melbourne? Is says
Unit 6/2 Industry Blv Carrum Downs (Corner of Colemans Rd and Industry Blv)
Is that a mission to get to out of town?

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Platatac. They have a store on little Bourke, at present they have as ale on boots. I've got a pair of lowas from them as has uneekwahn and very happy with them.

They are online as well.

80seriesrig

Russell Coight
Reaction score
That's the good. I was just checking them out. I will write that down somewhere useful.

80seriesrig

Russell Coight
Reaction score
The Camino looks good. Good price too. I am pretty bad at picking boots sidewise. Might need to try them on. Might contact to see how long they are on sale.

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Is moroko30 in Melbourne? Is says
Unit 6/2 Industry Blv Carrum Downs (Corner of Colemans Rd and Industry Blv)
Is that a mission to get to out of town?
Carrum Downs is on the coast of Port Philip Bay a good 30km from Melbourne. It's about 15 minutes from my place, but that doesn't help you. With the limited time you have available, Carrum Downs is too far out of your way.

Greatbloke

Jack Abasalom
Reaction score
Hi 80series, my brother lives in Cairns. Melbourne's shopping is great, people fly in from overseas to shop here, but even if it was in your direct line of travel, stuffing around in traffic, parking and finding your way in the city will eat into your time. (parking can be very expensive too). I recommend typing your destination into google, routing from the airport. You will probably bypass the city on the Western ring road. Then type in shops such as Aussie disposals and Ray's outdoors or other's suggestions which will also show up on the map. I looked and saw some good options. Less stress less fuss less time. Maybe look online for what the shops have to offer first. :)

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score

Greatbloke

Jack Abasalom
Reaction score
The bus is a good idea Aussie; I was assuming he'd hire a car at the airport to drive to The Yarra Valley. The Skybus leaves the airport evey 10 minutes during the day and costs under $20 each way. https://www.skybus.com.au/timetables/

Many many years ago I used to go to Hardware lane in the city for the great selection of gear from a number of shops...I was not to keen on their premium prices though.

Joe

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Could also then jump a train to lilydale and get picked up there.