Blake from Sydney

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys well I thought I would introduce myself formally. My name is Blake and I am the founder of this forum. This will be my username for general day to day posting.

Born in the Sutherland Shire in Sydney. Grew up in a house which backed onto the bush. As a young bloke I would play in the backyard eventually exploring further into the bush.

I spent a lot of my youth camping and four wheel driving with my family which further ingrained my love of the Australian bush.

I have always thrived on just 'doing things'. I'm always trying new things, starting and ending new hobbies and I love hands on skills. Ill go on this way as long as I live I'm sure and that's fine by me.

I was probably a bit of a handful in school, the phrase "a lot of potential but distracted very easily" made many appearances. Strangely my other big love was computers and film and not being one for big text books and theory I focused my energies on becoming a visual effects artist.

During university I received a degree in Television Production and a degree in 3D Animation and Visual Effects at Charles Sturt University in Wagga Wagga where I lived for four years and loved the country life.

On returning to Sydney I have been working full time since as a Digital Compositor for feature films and Television. I eventually had enough money to buy my own four wheel drive and my love for the bush came flooding back in droves. In 2010 I bought a motorcycle and spent 3 months riding around Australia camping out and going where I pleased.

One week I went looking for an Australian bushcraft forum and found nothing but posts from others looking for the same. The very next day I started BushcraftOz and the rest as they say is history.

I really look forward to building this forum up and hopefully we can make something special. I'm in the process of helping promote the forum to make people aware of its existence and would very much appreciate if you could pass it on to anyone you might know would be interested to join.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Dan

Russell Coight
Reaction score

Last edited:

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Good work and good to know you..!!!Great to see a Australia bushcraft forum up and running.