BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blade Safe Sheaths Give Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Blade Safe Sheaths Competition

BLADESAFEeagle3copy300x300-Copy-1.jpg

Stewart from Blade Safe Sheaths has kindly put together a competition available only to BushcraftOz Members. The winner will receive a custom Kydex Sheath or Sheaths to the value of $100! Postage cost to be covered by the winner.

To enter the competition you need to have at least 20 posts on the BushcraftOz forum and in 100 words or less, give us your tallest tale (AKA 'bull****') from the bush. Stewart will pick his favorite yarn and the winner will be announced on this thread. Entries will close at midnight on the 30th of September.

Thanks again to Blade Safe Sheaths for the competition. Lets hear your tallest yarn!

Last edited:

Moondog55

Walkabout
Reaction score
Well there was this time*************************************************************************
100 words or less, ? That's not a tale that's almost a one line joke LOL

Jeeez I remember when I was a little lad just up to my Grandads knee he was telling us how he **********************************

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure its not problem if you go over a bit mate. I think that Stewart is just trying to making it easy for everyone to come up with a yarn.

Here is mine for example. Funny thing is its not BS. Its true!

PLEASE DON'T VOTE FOR MY STORY. I JUST WANTED TO SHARE A YARN ANYWAY.

I was in southern NSW on a hike about 8 years ago. It was a nice spring day and I was walking along a track that winded between stands of Casurina's, along the banks of a beautiful clear river. I felt that nature was calling so I walked a little ways off the path.
Being such a nice day I was in my own world a bit and did my business in front of a nearby ironbark. All of a sudden the tree moved and I was snapped back to reality as I realised what had happened.... I had just pi***d on a Goanna! Almost made me go to the toilet all over again.

Last edited:

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I'm sure its not problem if you go over a bit mate. I think that Stewart is just trying to making it easy for everyone to come up with a yarn.

Here is mine for example. Funny thing is its not BS. Its true!

PLEASE DON'T VOTE FOR MY STORY. I JUST WANTED TO SHARE A YARN ANYWAY.

I was in southern NSW on a hike about 8 years ago. It was a nice spring day and I was walking along a track that winded between stands of Casurina's, along the banks of a beautiful clear river. I felt that nature was calling so I walked a little ways off the path.
Being such a nice day I was in my own world a bit and did my business in front of a nearby ironbark. All of a sudden the tree moved and I was snapped back to reality as I realised what had happened.... I had just pi***d on a Goanna! Almost made me go to the toilet all over again.

114 'words'. Tsk, tsk, tsk ... :;):

Moondog55

Walkabout
Reaction score
I was walking up Quartz Ridge on Bogong one beautiful sunny day and I was just about to put my hand out and pick up a walking stick when I thought to myself " That big brown stick is VERY shiny" and stopped just short of picking up a 2 metre copperhead snake. made my heart race for a minute or two, I just stood there; still as a stick myself for a minute and it just slowly slithered away into the grass

GTVi

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
This is a story of way back when
The blokes around me were manly men
I'd follow them up hill and then down
With the odd quenching cold beer in town

The story goes we'd follow the shore
Praising old stories and traditional lore
At a camp site the fire we did huddle round
Until our eye lids closed, we hit the ground

Morning broke to the sounds of larks
And the distant movement and loud dog barks
I jumped up quick and stood up tall
and to hear a mate's strong coo-ee call

Chased he was by big wild dogs
Not affected by the previous nights grog
He ran towards us in leaps and bounds
Covered the 100m, I swear, above ground

We lined up side to side as a wall
And yelled out loud to scare them all
In a pinch we smiled because we knew
Exactly our efforts would save the crew

Aye, this is a story of way back when
The blokes around me were manly men
Strong of muscle and strong of bowel
A few underwears were soiled back then.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Was out with my two near-teenage offspring on the Bibbulmun Track, trying in vain to get them as enthused about the bush as I am.
Suddenly I jumped three feet in the air and took four huge arm-pumping madly emu strides, yelling "SNAAAAAAKE" at the top of my lungs as this fat, six-foot dugite slid between my legs and nearly took a bite out of me.
Imagine the looks on their faces when their big, brave, bushy Dad realised his near-death experience turned out to be a nose-to-tail line of highly vicious man-eating CATERPILLARS......

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Four days to go guys. Lets see those yarns. Doesn't matter if you go over the word limit a little

Timmy

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I could not think of anything except this old story.

When I was 10 we went my brother, a mate and I went camping in the night paddock at my uncles farm outside of Warwick. This was quite a while ago before dome tents. We were in sleeping in an orange 2 man tent, the old triangular type with 2 x hollow 3 piece aluminum tent poles that slipped together. We built a fire and boiled our eggs for dinner then settled down to sleep. Our mate Jeff was being a real pest. He was sleeping in the middle. He would sit up and say loudly "good night mummy , good nite daddy" then laugh loudly before saying "good night Fella, good night Jimmy" (names of the dogs) etc, etc, on and on. We kept telling him to shut up but he went on and on, laughing his head off. My brother got really mad and got out of the tent and pulled out one of the poles which cause the tent to collapse. I got out of the tent then as well. Jeff stayed in there carrying on like the pest he was saying good nite to everyone he could think of and laughing. You could see him sitting up under the nylon of the tent. My brother had had enough. He smashed the tent pole over Jeff's head and then ran off back towards the house about 800m away. Jeff let out a howl and started bawling. I just stood there laughing. Jeff got out of the tent and walked back towards the house crying. I tried to convince him to stay. I fixed the tent and stayed the night with the dogs for company. Later that night I remember a cow came and stuck its nose into the glowing coals of the fire! It ran off. Strange.

Thanks for reading

gelandangan

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Umm..

The first time I went tent camping.
On my 10th birthday, a friend of my dad gave me a used canvas tent as a present.
After bugging dad for days, he gave my brother and I permission to camping a field nearby.
It was on midday Saturday my brother and I haul the tent, mum's kerosene stove, cooking pots, dad's lawn chairs, floor mat and whatever we thought as camping needs that a respectable outdoors-man would bring to a camp. It was handwork for a couple of boys trudging maybe enough to fill the back of a ute on foot. So, by about 3 pm, we are bushed and decided to have a nap.
By about 8 pm I woken up because some stranger is dismantling our tent.. Naturally I screamed in terror..
What a surprise it was to find out that we have camped in the middle of a seasonal secondhand market, an old shoe seller to our right and an old shirt seller to our left.. and every item we left outside the tent have gone missing, the stove, chair, pots, food, shoe.. you name it.. gone..

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The competition has now closed.

BLADESAFEeagle3copy300x300-Copy-1.jpg

Thank you to everyone to entered and thank you very much to Stewart from Blade Safe Sheaths for such a generous competition. If you are interested in getting your own custom kydex sheath you can find out more by visiting: www.bladesafesheaths.com.au

There can only be one winner and Stewart is glad to announce that the winner is GTVi for his great poem. Thanks again to all involved. GTVi I have PM'd you with instructions on how you can collect your prize.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.