Bit of an intro ..

O_Dingo77

Russell Coight
Reaction score
G'day, name is Andrew. Currently live smack bang in the centre of Brisbane. Recently I woke up to myself and understood that camping grounds me like nothing else.
I have lived all over Australia and camped many places, however for the last 10 years i seemed to have developed lead in my boots and got stuck indoors. I live alone with my dog, have no car and want to go camping with him.
Solution was to scour google maps for green space within 2-3 hours walking distance and try to do an overnighter at least twice a month. Here is the first result ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUaSr7uXRCE

Well all i can say is that if I can achieve anything close to the quality of Trolley's video then I will be one happy pup. Only just getting started regarding a kit, and I don't earn a lot.
Big thanks to you guy's for all the helpful threads I've been scouring.
Wishing you all the best.

n5750547

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Well done mate. I'm from Brissy as well.

I haven't watched the whole thing but I was wondering if you were near Springwood for this vid?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

O_Dingo77

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Cheers for the welcome gents. @n5750547, this was in a place called Toohey Forest. It is right next to Mt Gravatt.
If you look on Google maps you can see two sections to Toohey Forest, one is earmarked as a conservation area, the other, where i camped, is a day use walking track park.
Attempting Mount Coot-tha this weekend.
All the best.

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score

O_Dingo77

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Good call Hairyman, sure looks like it. Another name i think it's called is Kerosene Bush. Need to go back there in spring to see the flowers :)

peter.robinson

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
hi & welcome. nice looking bivy, I like the bug net.
Toohey Forest looks like a nice spot. I lived near there ages ago and have been past but never ventured in. thanks for the video.
I'll be interested to see where you go in the Mt Coot-tha area