Bark river aurora - Where from?

brad

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm from South Aust and I noticed the Bark river aurora in a few posts and it looks and sounts pretty amazing (Just what I was looking for). The issue is, I can't seem to find anywhere to purchase one from.

I was wondering if anyone who owns one would suggest a place to purchase it from (or check out at least).. or if anyone else has any ideas...

much appreicated,

Brad

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Yup, awesome bushcrafter. IIRC, they're Bark River's 2nd best selling knife?
Check out the Liten Brör, too.

+1 on the recommendation for Ron.

And these guys always have a good range ...
http://www.knivesshipfree.com/index.php?cPath=465_11
I get their newsletter. Word is they have the more exotic handled versions coming next week.

And you may have also noticed that someone suggested they may be selling off part of their collection. Although he wasn't specific about what he's selling. (It wasn't me.)

Good luck with your purchase. Remember to post photos!

Last edited:

brad

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Cheers guys,

Just sent urbanconquest for a quote. Knivesshipfree.com also looks good.

brad

Russell Coight
Reaction score
That knivesshipfree site has them for around $195-$200 (US, so cheaper aust) for the ones listed there at the moment (doesn't look like any very exotic handled ones). Then $35 for shipping to Aust.

I'll see what urbanconquest quote is, but that price isn't too bad (I'm just hoping it's as good as the reviews say it is).

brad

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Just bought the Bone White Micarta handled one from kivesshipfree.... and now the wait begins :(

brad

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Just incase anyone was wondering.. the knife just arrived :) All I can say is amazing! I'm loving the sheath.

If I've got time on the weekend I'll write up a mini-review with pictures!

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Yep. No pictures = didn't happen!

I think I may take mine out for a wander this weekend, too.

Did you see the newer batch of "timber and other" handles over at KSF? Noice.

brad

Russell Coight
Reaction score
I'm trying not to look at them or I'll regret buying the one I did ;) I couldn't wait for the new ones to come out so I don't want to be kicking myself :p

Red23

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Use that one for ages, make sure its the one you really really like (and make sure you can do most if not all you would need to with it) then invest more money on a beautiful exotic handled version for use, and retire the current model into a GOOD (Get Out Of Dodge) Bag or into the car kit etc (or do what I do and give it to some poor bastard who knows nothing of knives)

brad

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty keen to test this blade out. I'm sure it won't let me down. The wooden handled ones do look amazing though.

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
As do the bone and horn varieties. I was thinking about the sambar stag one, but I took too long, and it went as fast as it was posted up on their website.
c'est la vie ...