Anyone ever considered a natiional meet?

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Just reading Oz Knives' thread on The Gathering and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a national meet?
To best suit most members, it would probably have to be somewhere in mid-NSW or southern QLD but I suppose Victoria would not be off the agenda.
Obviously, as a Western Australian, anywhere in the eastern states would be less than convenient but, given enough time and a strong enough show of interest I would hopefully be able to convince my wife that an eastern state's holiday would be in order.
We would need a suitable location which would be ideal for bushcrafting for (hopefully) a good number of people, yet close enough to the likes of the Gold Coast or other "touristy" area for accommodation.
That bit would have to be up to you eastern state's gurus, sorry.
Ideally, it would marry up with a craft show or the like so that when the bulk of us head bush, the significant others would have something to do (Sorry if that sounds sexist, just thinking of myself and my wife -easier to sell it to her if it's a win-win situation).
Anyway, just putting the idea out there. You've had good returns to your NSW, Vic and QLD meets. Not so much in WA and not sure about SA, NT or Tas.
It would be good to get all the bodies together in one spot.
Cheers
Bloffy

Last edited:

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
It has been talked about already but the logistics at moment are a little hard. It would be great though

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Like I have always said, I am keen given enough time to organize. Here are a few previous threads on the subject.

http://bushcraftoz.com/forums/showthread.php?3231-National-meet-moot-rendezvous&highlight=national+meet

http://bushcraftoz.com/forums/showthread.php?3187-Bushcraft-Muster-or-Bushcraft-Moot&highlight=national+meet

Whilst I would normally put my hand up to organize such a thing, I am so over committed at the moment with my involvement organizing the next scout Jamboree and the Sydney knife show in 2014, along with my other voluntary commitments, I simply can't at this time.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
It may be better at the moment to work on state meets do develop a culture of meets in each state. Once this was established a national one would flow on easily.
I think you're right. If we have a strong culture of state meets, then we can think about a national meet.

It would be great, but I think its still a bit soon ....

NSW and Qld seem to be progressing well, and Vic is planning its first (which reminds me I need to do something in that respect - finalize the details etc)

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
I'm sure members at state meet would welcome those from another state?

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure members at state meet would welcome those from another state?
I for one would like to see some state meets planned a few months in advance so I can have the chance to combine work with play and arrange my schedule to come along and learn from the other states.

(If I was welcome of course :non sono stato io:)