Antler Pyrography

falcon45

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Just starting to learn how to burn symbols into deer antler. I am making pins and necklaces for my friends. I am using a Razertip SS D10 burner.
To make a pin, slice off a piece of deer antler & hot glue the pin to the back of the antler. Sand the front of the pin smooth, & then start burning. The necklaces are made from antler tips, or miscellaneous pieces. I use paracord without the 7 strands in it.
Thanks for looking.
-Falcon45

Attachments

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice work mate.

Are those traditional designs you have used ? Do they have a particular meaning of significance ?

falcon45

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Nice work mate.

Are those traditional designs you have used ? Do they have a particular meaning of significance ?
Two symbols are Native American. The bird is the Thunderbird.....representing power and strength. The circular symbol is the Medicine Wheel...representing health and healing.
The symbol with the 3 dots and 3 slashes I think is a Viking symbol representing the sun.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Falcon45, that looks great. And a serious looking unit too. My one just looks like a soldering iron!

big pete

Les Stroud
Reaction score
You really don't find it smells? Every time I grind antler in the shed my missus gives me so much grief ! ☺

falcon45

Russell Coight
Reaction score
You really don't find it smells? Every time I grind antler in the shed my missus gives me so much grief ! ☺
Well Big Pete, all I can tell you is that I'm just burning a tiny bit of the surface of the antler. I don't know how much antler you grind off on your projects.

DuncanJac

Russell Coight
Reaction score
It looks so cool! Great handwork, we could sell these things. Where can I find the same burner ?