Anti hunting misspost

• Thread starter Deleted member 1018
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
It came to my attention today that a post was made in my name several weeks ago that stated that I didn't think that hunting should be discussed on this forum. or to that effect.

This post was made by a young relative of mine that is a staunch anti hunter.

I would like to take this opportunity to appologise for this post. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the thread that this was posted under and can't work out how to find the thread.

What ever was posted in this thread does not represent any views held by me in reference to hunting and it's ethical position in bushcraft.

I hope it wasn't too offensive and the discovery of this has left me feeling a little a little awkward to say the least.

If anyone can find the post I would be very appreciative if you could link the post for me. Mods, any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, sorry guys, hope you understand my position in regards to this matter.

Jarrad

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
You should be able to go onto your profile and look through all your previous posts......

It's a bit labor intensive but you should be able to find it that way......

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Not sure how long ago, but i can only search back to the 3/4/14, I'm assuming it's before that. Thanks anyway.

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Many thanks Jarrad,

It would appear that it wasn't too offensive after all. She is a good kid in general and I have to respect her self control in something that I thought would be more inflamatory.

Many thanks for finding this for me Jarred. It has put my mind at rest now. And thanks to all members for their restraint in their response too.

peter.robinson

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
She must be a good kid if she told you she'd done it. I remember reading that post and thinking there was something odd about it

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
She must be a good kid if she told you she'd done it. I remember reading that post and thinking there was something odd about it
Many thanks Peter, she is a real nice kid, and I generally get on with her great. I can't blame her for having a big heart. Once again, hope no offence was caused to any members here.

Tas

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Didn't seem offensive to me at all , sounded to me (at the time) like you were just trying to stop a whole lot of arguments between hunters and non hunters on the forum . No harm done really

koalaboi

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
It's an interesting question.

Some time ago I posted an article on a fishing website that looked at the issue of whether or not fish feel pain. It opened a can of worms and a threat of immediate expulsion from the forum by the moderators if I ever raised the issue again.

I honestly believe that as individuals and a community, we need to take responsibility for the how we use our environment and how we treat and care for all the living and non living things in it. We can't do this if we close our minds to the feelings, needs and sensibilities of everything in our environment. I do believe that catching fish causes them pain, but...that won't stop me from fishing but it will mean that:

a. I deal as mercifully with fish as I can to minimise the pain and
b. I only catch and kill what I will eat.

That being said, I am a fan of killing feral animals that are harming native populations and habitats, even if they are not eaten or otherwise used.

Hunting is a skill that we need to keep. It is a part of what it means to be human and heaven help us if that skill is lost. However, it needs to be humane and for a purpose.

KB

Last edited:

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
If some post's where not made by you but in your username by someone else.Moderators will help you delete or edit it,stuff happens not a big one

I shoot you a PM we can work it out hopefully,

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is one of those topics that is often dominated by extremist on both sides and is difficult to discuss
in a reasonable manner with each side seeing only strawmen on the other.
Lol KB, opening a can of worms on a fishing forum shouldn't get you banned!

Dusty Miller

Alexander Pearce
Archivist
Reaction score
I don't think anyone was too worried Phrayzar. Could have been much worse, a typical teen/tween might have posted "I like One Direction and am interested in teenage boys..." under your username!

payney

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
She has shown much restraint and no harm done I have a sister that is vicious anti hunting and if she had of posted under my name it would have been much worse and she is much older.

gelandangan

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I do not think the post offensive at all, everybody are entitled to their opinion.

Phrayzar, maybe it is good time to invite her to join the forum so she can voice her opinions on her own name..

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Phrayzar
Funny you mention this , if it was the article that Jarrad added link too I remember reading it and my first thoughts were it did not sound like you. I saw it as a very fair comment and non offensive as far as being written by a young relative with staunch views it was an excellent reply. And it did not cause any arguments amoung hunters here so it was seen by all as a well presented view . Good for her

Browny

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I agree that it is unfortunate there seems to be such polarised opinion on hunting and animal control. It is not conducive to realistic and open discussion in my opinion.

I personally aim to cause minimal pain/suffering to any creature I come into contact with. Be it people in my day to day activities, or to any creature I may catch/hunt/harvest when out and about.
Too many folk put human attributes onto animals, where I think you just need to treat everyone/everything as best as you are able in the circumstances.

My opinions, others are welcome to theirs, as long as they don't expect me to change mine.

BushChef

Karen Hood
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like you caused too much offence. In fact you even got a few thanks on that post. lol :)

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Phrayzar. No harm done.

I just wanted to say how great it is to be reading a thread on a controversial topic yet see everyone replying and commenting in a mature and respectful way. Good on you all. Very humbled to be among a level headed and intelligent group of people.