Another Perth/WA meet! Jumbick Hill (Mt Mambup) Park

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I've worked with many ex-cops who referred to unsworn officers as pubies and since joining the pubic service, have always referred to myself as one :)

Redtail

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Well, there ya go.
I've heard coppers refer to themselves as the "sworn" and the civvy office workers in the police service as the "sworn at".

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Well, caching 18 litres of water yesterday was a success. From this day forth you shall all address Thrud and I as the "Water Barons of Jumbuck Hill" (his line, not mine, I can't take credit for it!).

Did another hike out there today with Thrud, a mate of mine Matt and another random bloke I only met on the internet last night. He was nice. Not an axe-murderer or cannibal, which was good because none of us felt like being murdered or eaten.

So at this stage, this is the attending list I believe:

Myself
Thrud
Doc
Redtail
Browny (we've got a litter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litter_(vehicle)) arranged for the four of us to carry you in and out on, so you should be good!)

Any others interested (I feel like I'm talking to myself here).

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Another beautiful day and another different walk complete with rock scramble, wedge tail eagles, some loony quad biker, resin from grass trees.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373193168.527273.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373193186.198738.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373193208.580243.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373193251.983956.jpg

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Guys, I'm looking at doing something a little more gourmet one dinner on this trip and wanted to seek your opinions on it.

I'm going to make sweet potato, diced red onion, dill and pink salmon cakes. At home I usually mash the sweet potato, mix the other ingredients in and pan fry them.

For the trip I plan on grating the sweet potato and storing it in a ziplock bag. I also plan on using pouch salmon.

Would you mix all the ingredients, place it in one bag and cook it at camp or would you store the wet and dry ingredients separately, mix together at camp and then cook?

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
My advice would be to store them separately. Just reading your post makes me hungry!

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Crossing the Avon is the main issue. It is currently fordable at a few locations up to WAlyunga from Bells, I do not know what it is like upstream. Fordable for me means boots off!

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I think our plan on the Sunday is to depart the camp site around 11ish and head to Feral Brewery which is about a 10/15 minute drive from Walyunga Road to remineralise with liquid gold :)

Redtail

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I think our plan on the Sunday is to depart the camp site around 11ish and head to Feral Brewery which is about a 10/15 minute drive from Walyunga Road to remineralise with liquid gold :)
I didn't say I wanted to join them. I much prefer this plan!

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Not sure I will be able to make as I am still recovering from my wrist surgery, unless people want to help me with everything from personal grooming to getting dressed and feeding me. lol.

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Not sure I will be able to make as I am still recovering from my wrist surgery, unless people want to help me with everything from personal grooming to getting dressed and feeding me. lol.
Feeding we can do - grooming, I'm not too sure!

Last edited: