Aldi sales

apsilon

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Are the rolls/bags available year round though? I've been wanting this type of thing for a while but if you can only get the rolls for it once a year or less when the machine itself is available it's far less attractive than other options.

Browny

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
You can get replacement rolls in common sizes from many other outlets. Just check what micron thickness the machine can seal. Probably the regular thickness only.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
They have some "hiking socks" too. We picked up some a couple of years ago and I quite like them.

They were wool blend and a relatively narrow fitting (which fit me well). I've been happy with them in all conditions including the hot, wet and snow.

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
So....I went to Aldi and bought the night vision. I was expecting to be underwhelmed, but am really quite impressed. I've tried it out in the bush and I would say for eyeshine it is good to 200m. I have read there is parasitic drain on the batteries so you need to take them out when you are not using it. I was using them on Friday night for 1.5 hours more or less constant, the battery indicator dropped to 3/4.
I found them comfortable to hold, the zoom is digital and probably isn't something I would use much. The power has 7 steps and then cycles again. I had clear views on 5 power at 115m and could have clearly identified a fox. The screen is quite bright and you will lose your night vision, especially on start up and shutting down: a rather friendly "bye-bye" is displayed!
The buttons are quite clicky, but for 149 I think that this is good value for money.

This is not the monocular that Aldi have had in the past, it is called Maginon if you want to take a look.

Last edited:

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Aldi have Merino thermals on special this Saturday for 19.95.

Steve

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
The last time Aldi sold a sharpener, there were a number of really bad reviews on Whirlpool about it. In a nutshell, if you were bringing an old knife back from the dead, it was ok, anything you valued, stay clear of it. It chewed up knives. This current model might be better though. They do improve their products.

ozslon

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I will have a look at it tomorrow. I don't think it's good for this kind of money, but still want to see what and how

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk