Aldi sales

rurik

Walkabout
Reaction score
Plenty of ways, there are tons of examples of shoody sheet metal work out there.

Joe

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I got one..... Or at least the wife did for us. Looking forward to giving it a run.

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
The earlier question prompted me to get mine out. I'm dehydrating banana and apple. Yummy and healthy snacks.

Joe

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I'm planing on making jerky predominantly. My brother gets a lot of venison so I'll probably start with that and go from there.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm planing on making jerky predominantly. My brother gets a lot of venison so I'll probably start with that and go from there.
That sounds great. Home made jerky is really good, esp if you can get fresh, lean meat like venison.

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Wednesday, 30th December, 2015.

I'm going to try the dry bags, collapsible bucket and the micro fibre towel. I have two Sea to Summit towels, but I'd like to buy one of these and compare them.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-wed-30-dec/wednesday-detail-wk-53/ps/p/camping-accessories-6/

This solar power bank might also be worth looking at.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-wed-30-dec/wednesday-detail-wk-53/ps/p/solar-power-bank/

I think I'll also take a look at this. Probably won't buy one, but there might be something about it, an idea that is worth 'stealing' and modifying for hiking use.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-wed-30-dec/wednesday-detail-wk-53/ps/p/party-size-instant-bbq/

Lightswitch

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
I picked up the dry bags today. I have some outdoor research ultra light bags (recently purchased from Massdrop and unused) so I did a bit of a test. 3 pieces of paper towel in 2 bags of similar sizes, 3 rolls on the closure and under the shower for 5 minutes. Let's call it a heavy rain. No moisture in either brand of bag. I think I might go back to Aldi and get another set.

Lightswitch

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
I picked up the dry bags today. I have some outdoor research ultra light bags (recently purchased from Massdrop and unused) so I did a bit of a test. 3 pieces of paper towel in 2 bags of similar sizes, 3 rolls on the closure and under the shower for 5 minutes. Let's call it a heavy rain. No moisture in either brand of bag. I think I might go back to Aldi and get another set.
Looks like the dry bags were popular. All sold out at my 4 closest shops.

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I picked up 2 lots of dry bags, a collapsible bucket and a micro fibre towel. The towel is a bit smaller than I was expecting, enough to dry face, neck and armpits adequately I should think. I haven't tested the dry bags as Lightswitch has done but that sounds like a good idea. The bucket is 10 litres in volume. I would have liked it to greater in diameter and short in height but it is what it is.
Grey nomads were leaving with armfuls of camping gear at the Aldi I went to. The inflatable mattresses were a particular favourite.

rurik

Walkabout
Reaction score
I picked up a few packs of the dry bags last year. They are not as good as my Sea to Sumit ones but they are tough. Which can be a good thing and I tend to double bag the imporant stuff any way.