Aldi sales

peter.robinson

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Thanks for the head-up.
I got the cook-set, a nice cheapie to send with my daughter for Easter camp. No harm done if it gets lost or damaged.
The tarp was heavier than I had hoped but I did get one to leave in the family outing grab box. I'd hoped to get a pair of the adjustable poles but there was none. Plenty of tarps still there but the poles and ropes were all gone.

bear foot bowhunter

Les Stroud
Reaction score
i was about to post this! looks like im beaten, ill be grabbing one of the $3 shovels, if you go to bcf the equivlent is $14 or some rubbish so maybe ill get 2 incase they dont last as long? hell if the handle breaks i guess i could wooden handle mod it...

yar same , I grabbed a cook set , sleeping bag and coat , and for the price of thees I'm cine of imprest. i had a look for a shovel / e tool but they didn't have any

this set is for fuel or gas only IMO, we did note that on first heat up they pong a bit but fine after that.

I notes that on the box they seem to make a point of washing with hot soapy water before use maybe they have some cine of protective coating.

If i was hiking with this Id dump the kettle and stick food in the pot and get a qt. pot for my coffee.

Last edited:

Wildfire

Ray Mears
Reaction score
I picked up the tarp and the collapsible water container, Was tempted to get the cooking set but already have a similar one so left it :) Tarp is good. a bit heavy but good quality.

Greatbloke

Jack Abasalom
Reaction score
The water containers were a quality bargain, made from a soft vinyl like plastic. I grabbed the last three. $3 for the folding shovel, it looked pretty solid, grabbed one of those as well as the heater as I mentioned. The heater turns off automatically if it's tilted over; a nice safety feature.

Dusty Miller

Alexander Pearce
Archivist
Reaction score
Cheers GB, would be interested to hear your views on the heater, and how it performs as it cools down. Even if not for camping maybe out in the shed it might find a use as winter comes.

Greatbloke

Jack Abasalom
Reaction score
I'll let you know Dusty. At first I worried that the heat went straight up too much, but as the ceramic element warmed up it got better. It seems like it would be pretty usless out in the open but will heat a small space quite well.

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Yesterday returning from Hospital We stopped at the Gympie Aldi We picked up a cookset ,Waterproof first aid and 2 cuttlery sets which I wanted the rolls for other items.
The other thing that I did get was the Marble cutting boards even though it is only 1cm thick the overall size is great, My intention is to remove the plastic feet and the attach the marble to a 3/4 inck ply for leather work stamping.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Aldi Ski Sale Sat 1 June 2013

Aldi are having their annual ski sale on Saturday 1 June 2013

Items include:
Gloves, jackets, pants, socks, fleecy tops, toboggan (things), Merino tops, thermals, hats, boots and more .....

http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/offers_20130525.htm

(The Ski gear isn't online today, but it should be there in another day or two)

(No affiliation)

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
My mate bought a 2 man tent from Aldi & used a few times including our Tazzy trip, seems to be holding up well & for $70 you can't really go wrong.

Wildfire

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the self inflating mats are any good?
Hi mate yes I bought one last year and I think its great! Im a big guy too (6ft 4" and 110 kgs) and It is quite comfortable sleeping on it. Quality seems good too havent had any leaks etc but saying that I havent thrashed it and I always use a ground sheet.

Flash

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the self inflating mats are any good?
Looks to be the same as one we have too. It's good for comfort and quite durable, but at 1.76kg it's too heavy for bushwalking with imho. Also, they don't pack down very small, also making it not walk friendly. Great for car camping though.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Got my eye on a pair of the boots, I'll be at the doors Saturday waiting

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to have a look at the packs. On a recent trips one of our packs was attacked by rats, while left in a hut for just a few hours – during the day !
P1290771 (Small).jpg

Because of where the damage is, its a bit difficult to repair, and it wasn’t a particularly expensive pack to start with.

I’ll see what the Aldi ones are like ....

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
SS water bottle for $7? Well worth a look, if they're not too thin.