Aldi camping special tomorrow...

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Ahoy!

Aldi are having one of their camping sales tomorrow at least in WA

Their rangefinder is supposed to be very good and I think has a 150m ignore function(last years did but it was 800m range rather than the 1000m that this years has). I will, I think, be getting one even though it only has a 1 year warranty.

I have their IR binoculars, which are very good for the price, they do have a bit of parasitic drain on th batteries so I take them out after use. One set failed after a year, but a replacement set arrived in less than a week. They have a 3 year warranty, which is very good.

The sleeping bag onezees are interesting, as I am a hammocker I’m wondering if, after all the laughter has died down, I might find them handy in a hammock. They don’t come in tiger stripe or unicorn pattern though...

Last edited:

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Oh man, we don't have aldi. I'd be up for the rangefinder. Get a black onesie, then you'll start a myth over there about a panther in the wild. If you get the unicorn you'll probably get abducted by little girls.

Last edited:

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Good point, I might have to get a ballistic vest as well.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Dare you to ask the sales girl if the onsie comes in thylacine!!!
Lol.
Jokes aside, I had an army surplus East German paratrooper bag (I think that was what it was called.) It had sleeves, a zip at the waist so you could get your legs out and you could hook the bottom section up so you could walk around etc. It was waterproof (probably better even than my raincoat psychological) so I didn't even need a shelter if it was light rain.
It was very warm too. And it rolled up into it's own hood
Downside was it was synthetic fill so it weighed a tonne, was bulky and took up most of my pack. Being from East Germany, the standard joke was it also glowed in the dark.
I wore it out and then one day it ripped big time somehow so it had to go.
I did consider asking the current Mrs Bloffy to turn it into a jacket but valued my relationship more than the bag.
Cheers
Bloffy

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Dare you to ask the sales girl if the onsie comes in thylacine!!!
Lol.
Jokes aside, I had an army surplus East German paratrooper bag (I think that was what it was called.) It had sleeves, a zip at the waist so you could get your legs out and you could hook the bottom section up so you could walk around etc. It was waterproof (probably better even than my raincoat psychological) so I didn't even need a shelter if it was light rain.
It was very warm too. And it rolled up into it's own hood
Downside was it was synthetic fill so it weighed a tonne, was bulky and took up most of my pack. Being from East Germany, the standard joke was it also glowed in the dark.
I wore it out and then one day it ripped big time somehow so it had to go.
I did consider asking the current Mrs Bloffy to turn it into a jacket but valued my relationship more than the bag.
Cheers
Bloffy
Bloffy, you're such a shit stirrer :ROFLMAO:. Dressing up as a thylacine here would get people all excited and foaming at the mouth - it would be chaos. It would take 100 years for the myth to die down - look at the recent (well, 10 years ago now) fox scare that kept all those government dead weight employees occupied.

I had a sleeping bag the first time I came to tassie 35 years ago. It was huge too, dacron holofil I think. The beauty of it was, if it got wet it was still reasonably warm. The east germans (well, the russians) made most things quite functional and rugged, like the AK47. Then again, they also made the trabant :cautious:

Last edited:

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Well chums.....I bought one.
Weighs a ton.
So will only be for car camping and only while I'm solo, I wouldn't want people wetting themselves laughing.
I may post a picture that my wife took of me in it , slightly blurry as she couldn't stop laughing.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Was that at the Aldi sale? Does it have a liner?

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Yup at Aldi. No separate liner, machine washable. It has thermal insulation. States comfort 7.8 degrees c and limit 3.3c
Also a label saying to keep away from campfires as it is flammable....

At least I’ll keep people warm as they are laughing at me.

Last edited:

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Hey that's actually a pretty good likeness of you.....
Nope. Doesn't cut the mustard. If you don't wear it at least once next camp out, you will be forever banned from the Madmen of Mt Mambup..... Or at least heavily chastised ...
Lol
That has to be one of your best buys yet
Cheers
Bloffy

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I scored a pair of the night vision binoculars. Last pair at that store, as it happens. A popular item!

If I saw Thrud coming in that, I'd shit myself ... probably from laughter!