After Antler and Fox Fur

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys let me know if you can help me out...I after some antler to make firesteels and other craft projects.Shed antler is fine any kind of locally hunted feral deer is okay.Also I am after some feral fox hides for a leather craft project.Tanned hides are better I would also look at green hides.

In return I am offering my leather working and craft skills.I will make you a leather tinder or sammi coffee pouch.Also I can make you a really good custom sheath for your knife.I also make custom firesteels from wood and leather.....

Look at my profile and you can see some photos of my craft work.I have sold my work In U.S.A,Australia Canada and the UK.Here is some reviews of my work...

[video=youtube;BmYkVUrTGU8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmYkVUrTGU8[/video]

[video=youtube;dPTVFNC4xN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPTVFNC4xN0[/video]

[video=youtube;IP0vhxWa5p4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP0vhxWa5p4[/video]

Last edited:

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
ozhaggishead
Very good offering I will try and keep you in mind. I usually use these products or give locally but you never know how hunting will turn out.

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks mate..I not a hunter myself so I often buy or trade for most of this kind of stuff.I my have a go at taning some roadkill hides sometime.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got nothing for you im afraid mate. No skins or antlers here... Plenty of bone though

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Oz remember me if you get a good trade!

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
I picked up a heap more Mulga, Jarrah, and False Sandalwood if you want any let me know. I also found an old swedish chisel in that lot I was telling you about... yours if you want it.

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I picked up a heap more Mulga, Jarrah, and False Sandalwood if you want any let me know. I also found an old swedish chisel in that lot I was telling you about... yours if you want it.
Thanks mate ..cool love old tools..!!

Moondog55

Walkabout
Reaction score
Oz I have some old chisels here too, no use to me; although I was playing with the idea of using one to make a spear head, any of that Mulga suitable for a nulla-nulla give me a "Hoy!"

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Oz I have some old chisels here too, no use to me; although I was playing with the idea of using one to make a spear head, any of that Mulga suitable for a nulla-nulla give me a "Hoy!"
All mine is small logs for knife handles, but I have some contacts I will keep you in mind if anything comes up!

Moondog55

Walkabout
Reaction score
Thanx Corin
these chisels are here for the asking ( also those power hacksaw blades)
Waddy tree
http://www.nt.gov.au/nreta/wildlife/animals/threatened/pdf/plants/Acacia_peuce_EN.pdf

is endangered so no chance at all of getting any of that these days

A knee is actually what I need for a proper throwing stick/nulla-nulla, not the club type with the knob on the end, about a meter long.
I had the opportunity to buy a few of these when I was in The Alice in the 70s and didn't; kicking myself now. Although maybe the "Tourist " trade is why the tree itself is now endangered

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks mate..,post me some pic of the tools you have I my trade you.