Abandoned Homeless Camp

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess this has to do with tracking more that anything else.But someone sent a fair bit of time at this small camp..This guy (or girl ) had a low bush/camp skill level... Using nails,crappy knots easy to see blue tarp.Use the same path over and over again..

[video=youtube_share;qo9CpoN6CqA]http://youtu.be/qo9CpoN6CqA?list=UUt7OjVJJVMvgbD-05LAUeSg[/video]

rurik

Walkabout
Reaction score
I don't think the person was homeless; homeless people are pretty protective of their sleeping gear and would not leave it behind. Nice video that demonstrates the impact we can have on our environment.

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think the person was homeless; homeless people are pretty protective of their sleeping gear and would not leave it behind. Nice video that demonstrates the impact we can have on our environment.

Could be they got a house/job or picked up by the police.Or even died or put in a homeless shelter,we will never know.

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Maybe you've stumbled across one of Malcom Naden's old haunts? :O
Hahaha! HD might have spoiled a crime scene :linguini:

I came across something similar up Noosa. I tend to agree with Ruik, a weekend camp out for a bunch a yobo mates to get on the drink away from grownups maybe? Well that's what the scene I came across looked like anyway.

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Hahaha! HD might have spoiled a crime scene :linguini:

I came across something similar up Noosa. I tend to agree with Ruik, a weekend camp out for a bunch a yobo mates to get on the drink away from grownups maybe? Well that's what the scene I came across looked like anyway.
I did think yobo teens as well but no used beers cans or bongs.. From what was,left tins of food or soft drinks and eating bowls.Looked like a more long term set up that a spot for a weekend bender.

Need to go back a do some digging..lol

Timmy

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I found a camp similar with 2 "homeless" grubs from WA, a man and women, in bush land near Brisbane (Within 10km of CBD). Their camp was a disgrace, human $hit all over the place, cigarette butts, etc, etc... I confronted them, particularly about the uncovered human waste and rubbish. They said it all gets cleaned up when it rains. I will cut the story there.

ozbladefan

Les Stroud
Reaction score
You can find a few of the actual homeless peoples camp site along the Parramatta River in the mangroves around Parramatta, and while messy they never leave sleeping gear there. It seems suspicious that everything was left there as if whomever was there left in a hurry and for ever after being there for quite some time. It is worth reporting it to the police if you haven't already done so.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Very sad scene to see. Its a shame to see this and at the same time interesting the damage that can be done with just a few nails and some rope. Obviously a careless act of an individual or group.

Although we can all speculate the to possible culprits lets also try to avoid making any generalisations.