A Quick Bannock

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
After the small frying pan action last night on here I couldn't resist getting out the one egg wonder and putting out a quick bannock.

Simple ingredients with the heartsmart pick and mix stuff from coles as the flavour.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Letting the flame die down so only part of the felt is alight

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The choc starts to melt, I flattened the top and made the swirls... Fancy hey
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Could have done with a little longer if it was to be eaten warm, I'll eat it tomorrow and prefer it a little chewy when cold

sami12

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Nice work mate. Im sure it will be delicious, and filling. The bake off begins! =)

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Perfecting the cast iron plate use for Bannock.

I had been making the mix a little wet, overcome that and also reduced the oil I was using in the pan...

This one just has all the usual stuff PLUS Cadbury drinking chocolate powder, vanilla essence and measure of Frangelico :)

image1b.jpg

image2b.jpg

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Perfecting the cast iron plate use for Bannock.

I had been making the mix a little wet, overcome that and also reduced the oil I was using in the pan...

This one just has all the usual stuff PLUS Cadbury drinking chocolate powder, vanilla essence and measure of Frangelico :)
An Adult's Only bannock ... that sounds interesting

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Lepmeister isn't very active these days.

The basic recipe is just flour, baking powder and water.
Looks like "Lep" added some oil to the pan to stop it sticking (a good ides esp if you add any sticky chocolate), but not necessary if you're just doing plain or very simple.

If you want a bit more "fancy" you could add milk instead of water, or use milk powder if you're in the bush.

Other than that you can add whatever you like. Looks like Lep did one with some "scrogin", and one with "...Cadbury drinking chocolate powder, vanilla essence and measure of Frangelico"