a couple of pig stickers

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I was wondering why waveman has a topic on stickers with pigs on them? :oops:

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I have gone a bit crazy with pig stickers recently and decided to focus on them for the foreseeable future and build a collection of them, here's what I have presently, with more coming though after christmas

(T-B) F Dick 8" dagger, Svord 6 3/4" single edge, CS Boar Collector seaxe style single edge, CS OSI single edge, CS OSS double edge

Peter123

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I have gone a bit crazy with pig stickers recently and decided to focus on them for the foreseeable future and build a collection of them, here's what I have presently, with more coming though after christmas

(T-B) F Dick 8" dagger, Svord 6 3/4" single edge, CS Boar Collector seaxe style single edge, CS OSI single edge, CS OSS double edge
I have a soft spot for pig stickers too have a few of them in various caves dotted around the country side

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
The Boar Collector is on special from Cleavers at the moment for $55 (and as from yesterday [04/12/19] they had like 35 of them in stock, 36 when I bought one), remember they are discontinued and no longer made or listed on the CS site so once they are sold out they will be gone.

Never had a seaxe style blade before, initial impressions are good, strange looking, in a good way, very much like a extremely large wharncliffe blade. Came shaving sharp from the factory, slices phone book paper effortlessly, being able to do curls and "S" cuts easily.
Impressive keenness from the factory. Nice hollow grind, and quite pointy with reasonably stout point.
The 4.7mm spine thickness doesn't carry all the way to the point, it diminishes down reasonably quickly and it's like 1.1mm right at the point just before the grind bevels plunge in. Still I am not worried as I don't think could snap a point off during normal pigging activities.

It's also the biggest bladed pig sticker so far I have in the collection I have bought so far, though when I eventually get the Svord Hog Beater and Svord Ned Kelly Toothpick that will change. Though both of those really stretch the pig sticker paradigm to the limit, they are more arkansas toothpicks, still do fit the idea of the pig sticker sort of and would work if pressed into that role.