28/29 June Mt Mambup trip

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I should hopefully be heading up the hill on Friday evening to drop off some water.

If unsuccessful, I may attempt a walk up Saturday morning to do the same or alternatively go one night next week.
I’ll let you all know ASAP so you can plan what water you need to bring, if any.

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
I actually wasn't on this trip but have been a subsequent MMoMM. Still proud to be considered one of the "in crew".
Will be doing my best to get there.
Cheers
Bloffy

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Ok guys, I managed to get 30l of water up there. There is some water in the dams also, so bring your filters.

I'd suggest bringing some water with you, maybe 2-3 litres. This way we don't go through the entire 30 litres up there!

@Thrud and I are planning on getting to the Walyunga gate at 3pm and heading off to camp around 3:15. If you can't make it at this time, please message me and I will give you the gate code to the carpark area. The carpark area is immediately LEFT of the main gate and approximately 250m in. I'd recommend leaving your bag/gear at the gate, drive up, park up and walk back to collect your bag.

If you're not going to make it before 5pm, the main gate to Walyunga will be locked, but again, PM me and I will give you the code to the front gate, as well as the carpark area. It is imperative that you relock BOTH gates and tumble the codes once you are in the park!!!!!!

Here is a map for those that haven't been there before:

I think that's all of it.

If I'm missed anything, please let me know!

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I'll be there with Alan (Moff on here) around midday on the Saturday.

Any interest on a pub lunch on the way home on Sunday?

Chris8546

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Gents, just to clarify regarding the dates and timings etc.

So we are meeting up Friday arvo, 28th at around 3pm.? Note Redtail states he is only arriving Saturday arvo with Moff. Are we staying till Sunday? Dates being posted are 28/29 (Fri and Sat). I hope everyone is staying Fri-Sun.....

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Gents, just to clarify regarding the dates and timings etc.

So we are meeting up Friday arvo, 28th at around 3pm.? Note Redtail states he is only arriving Saturday arvo with Moff. Are we staying till Sunday? Dates being posted are 28/29 (Fri and Sat). I hope everyone is staying Fri-Sun.....
Hi @Chris8546, those who want to, can meet Thrud and I around 3 on the Friday. I'm planning on staying Friday and Saturday nights and departing Sunday some time. I believe Thrud is doing the same.

Hope this helps :)

Chris8546

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Bloffy, I will be sure to bring a bottle of the Irish Cream as we know how well it mixes with your rum!!