Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 69

Thread: Pocket knives, multitools and other non-fixed blade knives you carry

  1. #51
    Les Stroud

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 72 Times in 33 Posts
    WE and Ruike are getting a good reputation, or at least a popular following, esp in the US
    Last edited by Randall; 12-01-19 at 04:57 PM.

  2. #52
    Pyromaniac
    Wave Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanks
    362
    Thanked 501 Times in 252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    WE and Ruike are getting a good reputation, or at least a popular following, esp in the US
    and why wouldn't they? Both companies offer fantastic products and in Ruike's case at very reasonable cost (WE does too just not as much as Ruike). Though I will admit I don't carry any of my Ruikes anymore as my tastes and expectations for an EDC knife have progressed onto a more high end knife. But that is not to say I don't appreciate the likes of Ruike or Real Steel any less and I still remember that they are fantastic companies, and the likes of Real Steel produce some of the best priced high end knives available (with their "S" class)
    Wave Man AKA Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER...a Bone Collector"
    "No sense Rough-n it in the bush, when you can Smooth-n it" Dave Canterbury

  3. #53
    Les Stroud

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 72 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave Man View Post
    and why wouldn't they? Both companies offer fantastic products and in Ruike's case at very reasonable cost (WE does too just not as much as Ruike). Though I will admit I don't carry any of my Ruikes anymore as my tastes and expectations for an EDC knife have progressed onto a more high end knife. But that is not to say I don't appreciate the likes of Ruike or Real Steel any less and I still remember that they are fantastic companies, and the likes of Real Steel produce some of the best priced high end knives available (with their "S" class)
    I really liked the look of the real steel bushcraft folder in D2. Too big and heavy for me, but a great looking functional knife.

    bushcfrat-folder.jpg

  4. #54
    Pyromaniac
    Wave Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanks
    362
    Thanked 501 Times in 252 Posts
    I love Real Steel, great company. I have many of their products, but unfortunately not that particular one. I have always thought their fixed blade version, the Bushcrafter II would be a good knife and will get one eventually.
    Wave Man AKA Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER...a Bone Collector"
    "No sense Rough-n it in the bush, when you can Smooth-n it" Dave Canterbury

  5. #55
    Richard Proenneke
    Thrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    1,858
    Thanks
    2,625
    Thanked 2,120 Times in 936 Posts
    I have the Bushcrafter, great knife. Idk how to link to the post I did in show off your knives, but it was on 25/1/18.

    Well made, did notice a few tiny dings in the blade after whittling with it for the first time, but it seems to have held up fine after that as I put a micro-bevel on the scandi.
    Last edited by Thrud; 13-01-19 at 09:57 AM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrud For This Useful Post:

    Wave Man (13-01-19)

  7. #56
    Les Stroud

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 72 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrud View Post
    I have the Bushcrafter, great knife. Idk how to link to the post I did in show off your knives, but it was on 25/1/18.

    Well made, did notice a few tiny dings in the blade after whittling with it for the first time, but it seems to have held up fine after that as I put a micro-bevel on the scandi.
    https://bushcraftoz.com/forums/showt...ight=bushcraft

    It doesn't look so big in your post . It really is a great blade shape. I haven't looked into sharpening D2 yet. Only one fixed blade in D2 which I haven't used, and some folders coming, which I will use. I've got all flat grinds - I like the look of them. I think I've read somewhere D2 prefers a toothy grind which I assume means don't go to too fine a stone. I imagine stropping would still be good.
    Last edited by Randall; 13-01-19 at 11:19 AM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Randall For This Useful Post:

    Thrud (13-01-19)

  9. #57
    Richard Proenneke
    Thrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    1,858
    Thanks
    2,625
    Thanked 2,120 Times in 936 Posts
    This is my collection of knives in chronological order of me being given them or purchasing. The victorinox is the earliest surviving one , bought it some 40 years ago. Forgot the Opinel and a very old leather man which I found when going through Dad’s things.61E77AC8-6D76-4AE5-B1EA-93454B82BFA4.jpgDD2312E9-6629-4F16-B95B-815C5ECD6E47.jpg
    Last edited by Thrud; 16-01-19 at 07:47 PM.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thrud For This Useful Post:

    Aussie123 (17-01-19),Bloffy13 (20-01-19),Chigger (21-01-19),Wave Man (17-01-19)

  11. #58
    Jon Muir
    Bloffy13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Albany, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,697
    Thanks
    1,270
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 867 Posts
    And when you look closely, you can see just a little bit of Thrud on all of them.....
    Cheers
    Bloffy
    How can I ever get lost when everyone is always telling me where to go?

  12. #59
    Lofty Wiseman
    Chris8546's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 88 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloffy13 View Post
    And when you look closely, you can see just a little bit of Thrud on all of them.....
    Cheers
    Bloffy
    😂 Thats hilarious....!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #60
    Richard Proenneke
    Thrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    1,858
    Thanks
    2,625
    Thanked 2,120 Times in 936 Posts
    Do not encourage him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •