Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pocket knives, multitools and other non-fixed blade knives you carry

Jon Muir
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 828 Posts
    Wow. Did you win Lotto. That is incredible. Most impressive.
    Cheers
    Bloffy
    How can I ever get lost when everyone is always telling me where to go?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloffy13 For This Useful Post:

Wave Man (12-12-18)

John McDouall Stuart
    Thanks
    I only carry an Opinel clasp knife at home, it does all I need to do from work in the garden to opening feed sacks.
    Opinel Folding Knife 1 Reduced.jpg
    I carry the larger version when I am trekking. I have had a lot of knives in my time, but I think the Opinel is the best clasp knife I have ever owned. Light, simple, locking.
    Keith.
    "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less travelled by,
    And that has made all the difference".
    Robert Frost

http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/
    http://neclhg.freeforums.net/
    http://australiansurvivalandpreppers.blogspot.com.au/

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Le Loup For This Useful Post:

Aussie123 (07-12-18),Bloffy13 (07-12-18),darren (06-12-18),swampy99 (12-12-18),Taplow (12-12-18)

Jon Muir
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 828 Posts
    Agreed. I carry one with a ferro rod attached on a piece of leather cord in a little pouch with an old HH silnylon tarp which folds down to nothing, a Sawyer filter and one of their scrunch up bottles and a length of (maybe) bankline that I scored/stole/secured. Oh, and a pen and a small notebook. Covers all the good little things I need as such.
    Ch
    Bloffy
    How can I ever get lost when everyone is always telling me where to go?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloffy13 For This Useful Post:

Le Loup (08-12-18)

Mors Kochanski
    Thanks
    Wow, that's a very impressive collection Wave Man. Hey did they changed the laws recently regarding wrist flick opening knives in OZ? Any recommendations on a decent one (that's code for cheap but not junk)? I had one when I was the dock boy at Kangaroo Tent City Many,many moons ago. Darn handy tool but it got pinched.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Dono For This Useful Post:

Wave Man (12-12-18)

Pyromaniac
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Dono View Post
    Wow, that's a very impressive collection Wave Man. Hey did they changed the laws recently regarding wrist flick opening knives in OZ? Any recommendations on a decent one (that's code for cheap but not junk)? I had one when I was the dock boy at Kangaroo Tent City Many,many moons ago. Darn handy tool but it got pinched.
    thanks mate, yes the law changed a while back, we can now import most one hand opening knives (except assisted opening and auto opening) without problems.

Concerning recommendations, from my collection any of the Real Steel or Ruike are quality folders at an affordable price. Both Real Steel and Ruike offer bearing pivot flippers that fire reliably and come with good blade steel (almost exclusively 14c28n for their budget line) and they mostly sell for between AUD$40-$100
    Wave Man AKA Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER...a Bone Collector"
    "No sense Rough-n it in the bush, when you can Smooth-n it" Dave Canterbury

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wave Man For This Useful Post:

Ben Dono (13-12-18)

Mors Kochanski
    Thanks
    [U]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave Man View Post
    thanks mate, yes the law changed a while back, we can now import most one hand opening knives (except assisted opening and auto opening) without problems.

Concerning recommendations, from my collection any of the Real Steel or Ruike are quality folders at an affordable price. Both Real Steel and Ruike offer bearing pivot flippers that fire reliably and come with good blade steel (almost exclusively 14c28n for their budget line) and they mostly sell for between AUD$40-$100
    Nice one Wave Man. Thanks for getting back to me with such a detailed response. I'm thinking the Ruike 841 has my name on it. Or maybe their gentleman's knife.. I think it's the 108 flipper. It's nice to see a little common sense come back into our laws again.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Dono For This Useful Post:

Wave Man (13-12-18)

Pyromaniac
    Thanks
    not a problem mate. I don't have the 841 but do have the 108-SF. The Ruike 108-SF is a great 'gentleman's' knife. Of all my budget flippers I have it is among the best flippers, with a snappy action that doesn't disappoint. Here is some more detailed pics of the 108, including one of its lockup (which is very late around 90%)

Wave Man AKA Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER...a Bone Collector"
    "No sense Rough-n it in the bush, when you can Smooth-n it" Dave Canterbury