Show off your knife

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well it had to be asked. The bush mans number one tool. The first thing that I pack when going on a trip...actually it's always packed.

So what knife do you carry and why? Try and include a pic if you can.

I cycle between the Mora 106 and an Enzo trapper but also really like the mora classic #1 and enzo beaver also

Last edited:

Dan

Russell Coight
Reaction score

Last edited:

Mountainwalker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Yes I agree they are great knives. I use the ka-bar short version, and whilst I have a collection of cutting tools (scandi grinds etc), every time I do an outback motorcycle trip I always grab the ka-bar. It's easy to sharpen, and built like a tank and cheap also. I'll post a pic, latter.

The UK crowd don't appear to like them?

I have often thought a Rat or I think they are now called Esee would be a functional cutting tool (the 3 in particular). But truth be told I don't really need any more knives, it's just curiosity that drives me.

I think I might have to use the trading post on this sight to swap a few.

Last edited:

Dan

Russell Coight
Reaction score

Last edited:

Mountainwalker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
G'day Mountainwalker, I've read many good things about the Esee line of knives. Well designed, heavy duty blades with an exceptional warranty. The Esee-3 does look like it would be very functional. I own an Izula and for it's size it's a stout little knife.

Cheers, Dan.
Hi Dan, thanks for the info. I took the plunge yesterday and bought one online from US, the OZ dollar is so strong temptation got the better of me.

Ash

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Hi. I own a becker BK7 its a good survival / hunting knife. Its not to expensive either

Attachments

Last edited:

Mountainwalker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Hi Ash,

I have the BK2 it's built like a tank, good replacement for an axe, stow it in my panniers on motorcycle trips with a bacho folding saw.

Last edited:

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score

My hunting knife. A butcher blade with an Osage Orange handle.

My legging knife. Used to be my Father's. A back-up when skinning & butchering.

My clasp knife. Used for camp chores, making a kettle hook, making trap triggers.

As you can see my knives have specific uses, there is no all round knife. A hunting knife is used for dispatching, skinning, boning & buthering, & defence if needs be. Any heavier work like making trap & shelter stakes or shelter construction is done with my tomahawk.

Last edited:

outbackarcher

Russell Coight
Reaction score
here are my knives i use for hunting and bushcraft

this is my drop point hunter that i won in a raffle at the Gladstone muster (traditional archery) made by Kim (dont remember his last name) with zebra wood and qwila. 1095 steel

and this is my Bush craft scandi with red malle burl and horn. made by Steven jawreth. 1095 steel

Last edited:

gajinoz

Russell Coight
Reaction score
I have quite a few knives for different purposes but when I go for a wander along the river I generally take these with me.

Busse Active Duty. A reasonable size, perhaps a little heavy but tough enough for anything.

The stick was made for me by a bloke in Tassie out of Tassie woods. The knob is Huon Pine.

Red23

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Knives are my first love, I kinda know enough about them to be a bit of a "knife nerd" to a lot of people. I have a modest collection compared to some I know, but mine are users.

Anyway here is a few pics

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Railway spikes mmmmmmmmm interesting posibilities
Lucky you:)

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I was doing a bit of knife sharping out the back yestday.So I took a group pic of my bushcrafty knifes..

The top one is a leuku I picked up as part of a trade a few week ago.I am very impressed with this knife it is very versatile tool.Just under that is the Puukko that is the came with the leuku.Both knife made by Iisakki Järvenpää in Finland

Next up is two mora clippers the blue one is stainless steel I use for fishing.The red one is one I found in the roadside clean up.I had to clean up the blade a fair bit but nice to get a good free knife.

Then there is a little birch handle Puukko that I made a few years ago.Under that is a svord peasant knife a good little cheap knife.Under that is a old kitchen knife from the 50's like to use for food prep sometimes

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
I very rarely bother taking a knife into the bush other than my SAK, here is the last one out of my forge...

Last edited:

j man

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Hi all. Im also a knife nerd. But for bush crafting ,these two & a custom skandi made by Stewart Townsend, would be mu most used working knives. But i have maaaany

Steve

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Im also a knife nut, just started out collecting last year, but so far my favorite knife is this Esee Junglas with Kydex sheath. Great survival knife and i am Planning to attache a Kabar Eskabar to this with a fire kit attached to it as well. I also have a Condor Bushcraft Blade i have neglected to take pictures of, will do that in due course though.

Esee Junglas - 16.5" High Sabre Blade Grind.

bobmouse

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Hi all. Im also a knife nerd. But for bush crafting ,these two & a custom skandi made by Stewart Townsend, would be mu most used working knives. But i have maaaany

i've also got the svord in the photo. its never been used outdoors, seems thin blade and afraid it will brake under hard use, whats your opinion regarding, j man?