Comprehensive First Aid Kit for Self Propelled Travel

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Posted my mini kit which I keep on my person thought I would add the main kit I carry to show the big picture of my available first aid supplies.

Again I have used an AMK kit as the basis due to the fantastic bag they come in.
This kit is far more comprehensive everything fits in the bag except the snake bite bandages which are carried separately in a plastic bag.
The kit itself weighs 350 grams and the snake bandages weigh 200 grams.

Last edited:

Randall

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I do a similar thing; little urban kit with some basics and edc stuff. If I'm out bush I toss in another small bag that is a more comprehensive addition to the urban kit.

Edward

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Posted my mini kit which I keep on my person thought I would add the main kit I carry to show the big picture of my available first aid supplies.
View attachment 26070

Again I have used an AMK kit as the basis due to the fantastic bag they come in.
This kit is far more comprehensive everything fits in the bag except the snake bite bandages which are carried separately in a plastic bag.
The kit itself weighs 350 grams and the snake bandages weigh 200 grams.

Good kit. I like the burn aid. I never use to carry burn aid n my kits until very recently. Well, I ended up pouring boiling water over my hand in the dark, the worst I ever have- I had burn gel.

If I could offer a suggestion, get anti-biotics! I have needed it twice in serious situations and did not have it(y)Tailoring a kit to your specific needs & environment works well too I've heard.

Here is mine. It is good, but I want to update it to a more comprehensive kit with a fold out pouch soon

Army combat dressing

Last edited:

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Good kit. I like the burn aid. I never use to carry burn aid n my kits until very recently. Well, I ended up pouring boiling water over my hand in the dark, the worst I ever have- I had burn gel.

If I could offer a suggestion, get anti-biotics! I have needed it twice in serious situations and did not have it(y)Tailoring a kit to your specific needs & environment works well too I've heard.

Here is mine. It is good, but I want to update it to a more comprehensive kit with a fold out pouch soon

Army combat dressing
This kit has triple antibiotic ointment in it, is that what you meant or did you mean an oral broad spectrum medication?

Last edited:

Edward

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
This kit has antibiotic ointment in it, is that what you meant or did you mean an oral broad spectrum medication?

I meant the latter of you're options- oral medication anti-biotics for blood, skin and flesh infections.

I also carry an iodine pre-dressing cream, similar to you're ointment as I find it stays on.

When I was considering my kit I talked to my Doctor and remote emergency service paramedics. I used their advice and my own experiences to help put my kit together.

They did not suggest the Army combat dressing BTW, that addition was all mine, as you probably guessed:rolleyes::LOL:

Last edited:

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I meant the latter of you're options- oral medication anti-biotics for blood, skin and flesh infections.

I also carry an iodine pre-dressing cream, similar to you're ointment as I find it stays on.

When I was considering my kit I talked to my Doctor and remote emergency service paramedics. I used their advice and my own experiences to help put my kit together.
Excepting I would need a prescription from a Dr for antibiotics, I figure if I need them when out bush it’s time to come home.

Edward

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Excepting I would need a prescription from a Dr for antibiotics, I figure if I need them when out bush it’s time to come home.

Yes you do. Just find a good Doctor. Yes of course come home, but if you are somewhere very remote or lost it might take a while for them to find you. Some infections can also be very nasty and can cause irreversible damage if not death within 12-24hrs. My point is it can help slow it down;)