BushcraftOz 2019 Upgrade

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We have completed the migration to the new forum software and server. Thank for your patience during this time. Just a note that while I have tried my best to ensure everything has transitioned as smoothly as possible for everyone so that there was the least disruption there might be some teething problems. If you experience any problems posting or viewing posts please feel free to message me or post your issues in this thread. All usernames and passwords have been carried over and have not changed.

Customisation
With the new forum you may customize the forum you however you like. To do this. Login with your account credentials and at the top right of the screen is a light globe icon which you can use to toggle between the light and dark version of the theme. You can also click the toggle icon to the left of the globe icon to customise your layout and background of the forum.

Thanks Stats
For the moment the thanks that you previously accumulated have been saved but have not been transfered to the new likes system. At the moment you might have a reputation number which is a carry over value from before we started the likes system. Over the next few weeks I will be merging the numbers so you will retain your old thanks count. In the mean time, the like button has been retained and enhanced with a few extra responses. You can thank a post by clicking the thanks in the bottom right of the users post. Alternatively if you mouse over you will receive a list of some alternative responses. These new thanks will still count when we finish the migration of the likes from the old forum so I encourage users to continue to use the thanks and the new responses until I can merge in the old values, they will still all count.

Flora & Fauna Thread Prefixes
When you make a new post one of the flora and fauna forums you will be prompted to pick from a prefix of kingdoms. This will add a coloured tag to the post outlining the kingdom. This gives those with preference or specialty in that kingdom an easy way of quickly scanning for those types of posts. You can also use this to filter for example "Invertebrate" posts in the WTF forum using the 'Filters' drop-down menu in the top right of the forum.

Last edited:

Steve

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Just logged in after a long absence and find this, very nice layout for the forum. Working great on my end, well done.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Love the new look! Is the new software compatible with Tapatalk? The forum is not showing any threads through Tapatalk.
Thanks mate! At this stage I am not planning on adding tapatalk to the new site. Tapatalk’s main purpose was offering a streamlined mobile specific version of the old forum as it did not have very good support for mobile devices. The new forum is fully responsive and will automatically detect your device size and type and provide the optimum layout. Long story short you don’t need tapatalk anymore and can just use the web browser on your phone to view the forum. It will automatically display a mobile friendly layout.

I understand if you had a number of other forums you view in your tapatalk list then there is a slight inconvenience in that you will need to open a browser like Chrome or safari to visit this forum separately. One thing you can do to help streamline this is add an icon on your phone to the forum. Depending on the device you have this is a different process. Here is a link with the method for various devices https://www.howtogeek.com/196087/how-to-add-websites-to-the-home-screen-on-any-smartphone-or-tablet/

Last edited:

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I too like this forum upgrade. My ageing eyesight is especially appreciative of the "light" colour that I have now selected. :)

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If anyone was having problems using the attach files button (which lets you attach multiple images in one go) this should now be working. Previously the image was uploading then getting a strike-though and not attaching. We applied some stricter security than default to the web server when we migrated which was causing the issue. I have reverted back to a default setting until I can find a workaround. Should all be working again though.

....teething issues, I called it 😁

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Thank goodness I read this first. The dark background was doing my head in.
Any chance of a jealous key alongside the thanks key. I reckon I would hit that more than anything, especially in the gear forums.....
Cheers
Bloffy

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank goodness I read this first. The dark background was doing my head in.
Any chance of a jealous key alongside the thanks key. I reckon I would hit that more than anything, especially in the gear forums.....
Cheers
Bloffy
Ask and you shall receive! :). I have added a jealous reaction for you.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The emoji don't seem to be working though:);):censored::love::LOL::sick::sick::sleep:
Well not in my tagline, anyway
Cheers
Bloffy
Emoji's will work in the signature but that old tag is no longer compatible with the new forum. To change your signature click on your name at the top and click on 'signature'. You need to remove the old tag and add a new one that works for you. I have replaced with an equivalent emoji for you in your signature. You should now see it.