5 to 10 Most Used Bushcraft Items in Your Kit?

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
1) Oilcloth shelter 2) Blanket 3) tomahawk 4) kettle 5) clasp knife 6) soap 7) water flask 8) flint,steel & tinderbox 9) Tin cup 10) journal & pencil.
002.jpgTomahawk_002_KH_REDUCED.jpgclasp_knife_1_REDUCED.jpgSoap_bag_piece_of_broken_ivory_comb_REDUCED.jpgWater_Flasks_003_JPG2_REDUCED_2.jpgTinderbox_3_REDUCED.jpgFire_Steel_3_REDUCED.jpgTin_Cup_001_REDUCED.jpgJOURNAL_004_REDUCED.jpg

Kindling

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Hehe everything there looks like its got a lot of stories to tell. Even the soap.
From the making , feels great to be a part of the stories.

jd1

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Sigg water bottle, haversack, dc4 sharpener, bic lighter, 12 inch tramontina machete, real deal hat, gransfors small forest axe, Trangia mini, cheap bunnings folding pruning saw, toilet paper. In no particular order lol

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Trying to avoid brand names, gear is the basis for trips in all climates, and, some things are inseparable so I consider them as one bit of kit:

1. Rucksack
2. Canyon bag (waterproof)
3. One man tent/ground sheet
4. Down sleeping bag/mat
5. Goretex mountain jacket
6. Billy/matches
7. Knife/spoon
8. Waterbag
9. First aid kit
10. Shellite or metho stove

srb

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Most Used Item's of Kit

A few essential's that form the basic platform of my "Most Used Items" they're a constant in my Kit Bag for Day Walks , other Items are added such as a First Aid Kit etc but this is typical of what's in my day bag

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score

A few essential's that form the basic platform of my "Most Used Items" they're a constant in my Kit Bag for Day Walks , other Items are added such as a First Aid Kit etc but this is typical of what's in my day bag
Is that pouch attached to the knife sheath?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srb

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Is that pouch attached to the knife sheath?

Yes it certainly is , the Knife & Kit pictured is the Extrema Ratio SELVANS the ONTOS also has a similar Knife/Pouch carry system , sometimes I just carry that alone you're able to pack them out with all sorts of goodies it's nice to have a variety of Lightweight Option's!

srb

Russell Coight
Reaction score
@Mongoosedownunder

Here's a pic of both version's mate!

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Got a brand new zebra pot still in the box never used. I took it out of the box once decided I didn’t like it, has been in the box ever since! LOL

Shazam

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
You would think zebra wouldve cottoned on an made an improved billy with a decent bail, pour spout and lid with a knob or ring....maybe even butterfly handles...