Thread: Brandit copy of German rucksack

Russell Coight

Thanks

Brandit copy of German rucksack

I recently purchased the Brandit copy of the German rucksack . I probably made the purchase out of curiosity as there was no reviews of it. The pack was bought from militry1st in the UK for $46 AUD including postage. Now I know it's not as well made as the original army surplus . After having a good look at the stitching and finish I am happy with the quality of the pack. I've done a couple of short 2 hour walks loaded with 6 kilo and found the pack OK . I like the large opening as I can just dump my large camera bag and know my camera gear is protected. I have a polish bread bag with all the usual stuff ( Cook kit, first aid etc ) and just dump it in the pack ,water bottles in the side pocket plus what ever else I need. anyway we all know how to pack a pack , so here's a couple of pics. I hope I don't stuff up down loading the pics. Cheers .

IMG_5702.jpg
    IMG_5703.jpg
    IMG_5704.jpg

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barra650 For This Useful Post:

Aussie123 (31-01-18),Hairyman (26-01-18),MongooseDownUnder (27-01-18),Thrud (27-01-18)

Richard Proenneke
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 796 Posts
    Look okay mate...
    Howling Dingo shop,Gear made from natural things to take to wild places..

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HowlingDingo

Russell Coight

Thanks
    Just a bit of an update on the Brandit pack. Went for a couple of long walks into some fishing spots I know. As I live up here in tropical Townsville I was thinking how the pack would sweat on my back. I was pleasantly surprised with only slight dampness and the humidity has been high. Being cotton canvas might be the key . Starting to like this pack . I still reckon I'll get the original pack from Veerastellka ( Can't be bothered looking for the correct spelling , ha ), Cheers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to barra650 For This Useful Post:

MongooseDownUnder (28-01-18)

Rüdiger Nehberg
    Thanks
    Check out this mob in NZ https://www.armyandoutdoors.co.nz/collections/day-packs

Maybe they have what you want?
    If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point. - XKCD