Thread: 2017 Canberra Knife Show.

Malcolm Douglas

Thanks

2017 Canberra Knife Show.

Just in time to spoil your self this Christmas. The 2017 Canberra Show will be run on Sunday, 3rd 0f December. New venue, Cuppacumbalong Homestead 21 Naas Rd, Tharwa, ACT. 2620, is just up the road from the previous venue.

30 makers selling only hand made knives and the usual machine and materials suppliers will be in attendance. There may also be some demonstrations. Food and drinks will be available on site. The show only runs for the one day, between 10am and 3pm and can get quite hectic. My advise is to get there early. Admission is free but a coin donation for the upkeep of the homestead and grounds would be appreciated I'm sure.

Very disappointed I can't make it this year. Hope all the makers and other vendors have a great show.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Del Raso Knives For This Useful Post:

Bloffy13 (27-11-17)

Malcolm Douglas

Thanks
    is there a Perth version of the knife show?

Malcolm Douglas

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromage View Post
    is there a Perth version of the knife show?

Not currently Pyro, use to be one in Freemantle years ago. There are a group of makers in the West threatening to get one up and going. More than likely still a couple of years away.

Malcolm Douglas

Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up!

Malcolm Douglas

Thanks
    Seeing as though it was my partner's birthday weekend, I did not think I would find the time to head out to Tharwa for this however I was pleasantly surprised when my girl told me that she had a surprise for me on Sunday morning! Once we headed out past the southern-most town in Canberra, I realised where we were going. It was a great set up with a lot more foot traffic than I was expecting (although I hadn't been to one before).

I think that due to the weather, it was held in a homestead and this resulted in a fair bit of congestion. THat said, we were all warm and dry. There were stall owners from knife makers, blacksmiths, paracord-knot-tiers and other vendors selling bits and bobbs for knife kits and handles.

I ended up purchasing a nice piece of stabilised maple burl that I intend to use as a handle on a fire steel to match the Bark River Knife that I recently purchased.