Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Blame Ray Mears

Russell Coight
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rurik View Post
    I find it odd the negative reaction that happens whenever Leave No Trace principles are brought up, then I see something like this happen and cannot understand why LNT is not more important.
    I try to always go further than leave no trace, we started coining the phrase

BTYFI

Better than you found it
    You can find me on the Youtube, Instagram and even the dreaded Facebook by searching GGTBod

Ray Mears

Thanks
    I think the problem with that as a concept is the better is a relative statement. LNT does include removing MOOP (matter out of place) but does not include making something better. As an example one person might think that a well constructed fire ring is leaving a place better however it may not be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rurik For This Useful Post:

GGTBod (12-10-17)

Russell Coight
    Thanks
    Definitely very easy to be turned to ones own interpretation, i'm sure you know we mean as nature intended it to be, like if i turn up to an area to camp and it is littered with beer cans and debris the first thing we do is clean up, who wants to camp in that mess? Then when we leave if we just leave that junk people might think it was us, so we clean up when we leave too.

I used to work in music festivals all through my teens and twenties on sound crew and set up and pull down crew so i could get in free with my vip staff pass, i was one of those lines of people you see at the very end taking one step at a time looking at the ground as if they were hunting magic mushrooms, we used to do places that had a 500 bucks fine for every single item left behind, so the inspectors would be waiting for us to sign off and say we have cleaned up and they would go and check clip board and pen at the ready, literally just one cig butt was a 500 bucks fine to the organisers, we learnt to clean up nature good, i apply this same ethos when i leave an area i have been in nature, over here in UK we are far too many people squeezed on far too small a landmass, gets messy quick if we don't take personal action, no good waiting the authorities to clean it, just isn't happening sadly
    You can find me on the Youtube, Instagram and even the dreaded Facebook by searching GGTBod

Ray Mears

Thanks
    In Australia we call that an Emu Parade. Spent more than my fair share of time doing them at one point in my life but instead of the fine we had to do PT.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rurik For This Useful Post:

GGTBod (12-10-17)

Richard Proenneke
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rurik View Post
    In Australia we call that an Emu Parade. Spent more than my fair share of time doing them at one point in my life but instead of the fine we had to do PT.

Emu Parade!! LOL that brings back memories.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MongooseDownUnder For This Useful Post:

GGTBod (13-10-17)