Thread: England Creek in D'aguilar National Park

Russell Coight

Thanks

England Creek in D'aguilar National Park

It's been a really warm winter around here so I've went out with my brother for an overnighter at a England Creek. It's a beautiful spot, a bit overgrown with lantana but plenty of native wildlife around the place including some good sized crayfish in the creek.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lazy J For This Useful Post:

biggles1024 (14-08-17),Hairyman (14-08-17),Kindling (13-08-17),n5750547 (07-09-17),peter.robinson (14-08-17),Taplow (15-08-17),Thrud (13-08-17)

Richard Proenneke
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 760 Posts
    Thanks for posting! As you say, beautiful spot.

Rüdiger Nehberg
    Thanks
    Looks like a great spot, thanks. I usually head to Scrub Rd bush camp so maybe it's time to give England Creek a try

Les Hiddins
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy J View Post

It's been a really warm winter around here so I've went out with my brother for an overnighter at a England Creek. It's a beautiful spot, a bit overgrown with lantana but plenty of native wildlife around the place including some good sized crayfish in the creek.
    Nice one. A favourite of mine is Northbrook mountain but I've walked the long way home through England Creek a couple if time.

Question about the wood stove, are they allowed in D'Aguilar?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Russell Coight

Thanks
    Hi n5750547, You are not allowed to have open fires there so the wood stove which keeps the fire contained within the stove structure should be ok - and to be honest I don't think we'd use it again. I found the alcohol stove to be more efficient in terms of temperature control and cooking.
    Last edited by Lazy J; 14-09-17 at 03:05 PM.

Les Stroud
    Thanks
    We camp near Scrub Rd quite often. D'Aguilar is supposed to by no fires but every maintained campsite has a stone fire ring with grate...go figure.

The professional bee keepers that have their hives in the National Park told us that fires are allowed despite the obvious "no fires" symbol on the camp sign and that Rangers have never said anything to them.
    Custom leather and canvas bushcraft equipment.

Russell Coight

Thanks
    Yeah I was always thought it was a bit strange. All the signs say "No Campfires" but at every remote campsite there is a well maintained campfire spot with seats around it.