Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your best general all rounder Boots, all terrain, all climates

Richard Proenneke
    Thanks
    I've noticed a lot of SF guys have been running trail runners like Salomons in Afghan. Has anyone made a similar move? If so why? What were your results?

I personally like a comfy pair of boots but can seen the benefits of lighter footwear over distance but the benefit of boots outweighs......literally, the benefit of shoes out bush I reckon.

John McDouall Stuart
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    I've noticed a lit of SF guys have been running trail runners like Salomons in Afghan. Has anyone made a similar move? If so why? What were your results?

I personally like a comfy pair of boots but can seen the benefits of lighter footwear over distance but the benefit of boots outweighs......literally, the benefit of shoes out bush I reckon.
    Hey Benny,

Metz wore a pair of trail runners when we did the Overland Track - water, mud, rain, cold he was fine. I am a boot guy but I think I am going to try some dedicated trail shoes on the next walk.

Overland Track March 2015 131_360x480.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SimonM For This Useful Post:

Benny (30-06-15)

Lofty Wiseman

Thanks
    Hi Benny, it is popular to go the runner route on some jobs. The main advantages are often nothing to do with the wearer. Man with boots in some parts stands out much more than man with runners. They are also favoured for light tactical jobs, without a heavy Bergan and kit rig, urban work, CP work and even vehicle based jobs. I'm like you though always prefer a boot of some sort as most jobs seem to always morph into something far more of a chore than expected. SNAFU....DJ

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ* For This Useful Post:

Benny (03-07-15)

Russell Coight

Thanks
    Scarpa GTX. Bit heavy some say but give lots of support. This is my second pair and I have used them for just about everything. Even snow shoeing. Well made boots. Take a little to wear in, but comfy once done. Pricey.

Les Stroud

Thanks
    Lowa Renegade. There is nothing better imho. It is not cheap, but will last where others wont go

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk